“After a year of constant use our unit showed a 12% reduction in falls and we won an award for for patient safety.”
Kerri McManus, Ward Sister – Countess Mountbatten House – NHS Hospice 2013
The bed sensor mat will activate a text pager when the person gets out of bed. Any number of bed sensor mats can be linked to one or more text pagers, creating an effective falls prevention system.
There is nothing inside the mat except for air which means that it will last for years and can be placed underneath the bed mattress. It even works underneath pressure relieving airflow mattresses.
Benefits over a traditional pressure mat:
- Longer-lasting – the sensor mat contains nothing except air making it extremely durable.
- Reliable – the sensor mat covers entire area of the bed, reducing false alarms.
- Faster response time because the sensor box detects reducing air pressure within the mat as the person begins to get up.
- Discrete – the mat is hidden from view, placed underneath the mattress.
- Reduced engineer call outs because of the simple design and year long battery life.
The mat is connected to a sensor box with a small tube. Using Airlert technology, the sensor box will detect a change in air pressure within the mat as the person begins to get out of bed, making the sensor fast to react.