Independent Life Solution Limited – Terms and Conditions of Sale
These Terms and Conditions govern the supply of goods by Independent Life Solution Limited pursuant to website orders and orders placed by telephone, fax, post or e-mail. Defined terms are capitalised and definitions appear at the end of this document.
- Contract Process
- Where You submit Your Order to Us on our Websites or by e-mailing Your Order direct to Us:
- i) You will be notified if the Goods are unavailable or if Your Order cannot be fulfilled for any other reason.
- ii) If at any time you wish to alter the details of your Order, please e-mail email@example.com. You will not be able to alter the details of the Order once the Order has been placed in our order processing system.
iii) No binding contract is formed until We have placed the Order in our order processing system.
- Where You submit Your Order to Us by telephone:
- i) You will be notified if the Goods are unavailable or if your Order cannot be fulfilled for any other reason.
- ii) No binding contract is formed until We have placed the Order in our order processing system.
- We will retain a copy of the Contract for one year. We strongly advise You to keep a copy for Your own records.
- Obligation to Supply
- We are only liable to supply you with those goods which:
- i) You describe accurately in your order; and
- ii) are in stock at the time of receipt of your order.
- Where You do not accurately describe the goods, We will use our reasonable endeavours to supply the correct goods but you shall not rely on our skill and judgement in selecting the goods. We will accept the return of any goods not considered satisfactory and issue you a credit invoice if the goods delivered are returned undamaged within 30 days of the invoice date.
- We will dispatch the goods the same day for next day delivery where possible, some items not in stock may be longer.
- Where the delivery address is outside the United Kingdom we will dispatch the goods next day where possible, any extra delivery cost will be charged to you.
- In either case, we will, unless otherwise agreed, charge you our standard handling charge of £10 or £12 if the item is subject to VAT.
If you request delivery by any other method we will advise you of our handling charge.
- Where we cannot deliver, whether due to a Force Majeure event or otherwise, in accordance with the timescales envisaged at 3(a) and 3(b) above, We will advise you and give you the option to cancel your order or to accept a revised delivery date. We may make a partial delivery of your order where not all items are available.
- We will arrange the return of the goods and issue you a credit invoice where we are responsible, and you have been charged, for a duplicated delivery.
- We may refuse to accept the return of any duplicate order or to issue you a credit invoice where, in our reasonable opinion, the goods were delivered in accordance with a valid order. In those circumstances, unless we agree otherwise, you will remain liable to pay us the price together with the delivery fee and any other applicable taxes or duties in accordance with clause 7.
- Where we do accept the return of duplicated goods delivered in accordance with a valid order, We reserve the right to apply an administration charge of 5% of the total value of the order or £10, whichever is the greater.
- Nothing in this clause 3 affects the rights of consumers as set out in Clause 9 below.
- Damage or Loss in Transit
- We will replace at no extra cost to you any goods damaged on or before delivery, provided that you notify us of the damage by telephone or in writing as soon as is reasonably possible after receipt of the goods.
- Subject to clause 4(a) above, we will replace at no extra cost to you, any goods which in our reasonable opinion have been lost in transit provided that you notify us by telephone or in writing if the goods fail to arrive within 28 days after the anticipated delivery date.
- Ownership of the goods
- Ownership of the goods will not pass to you until we have received full payment for them.
- Until ownership of the goods has passed to you:
- You are responsible for taking all necessary steps to prevent damage, loss or harm to the goods and you shall insure the goods at your expense and for our benefit; and
- You will hold the goods as bailee and will resell them on our behalf as our agent if we instruct you to do so.
- If you become insolvent before we have received full payment for the goods, we may take the goods back at your expense. In the event that you become insolvent, you authorise us or our agents or representatives to enter your premises in order to take back the goods or to inspect the goods.
- Subject to clause 6(b), We warrant that the goods are of a satisfactory quality and reasonably fit for their normal purpose. We give a one year warranty to return goods for repair or replacement on all our products.
- Any warranties implied by statute are excluded to the fullest extent permissible under law.
- These Terms and Conditions do not affect any statutory rights You may have.
- If you believe that the goods are not of a satisfactory quality, you may, within 30 days of the invoice date, notify us in writing or telephone stating the reason for your dissatisfaction. If we authorise return of the goods and they are returned to us in their original condition and at your expense, we will promptly replace them or refund the price of such goods.
- You shall pay our invoice for the price of the goods within 30 days of the date of our invoice, unless our head of sales or credit controller has agreed otherwise in writing.
- If You do not pay any sums due here-under by the due date for payment, We may charge interest on any outstanding amount at the rate of 2% per month above the base rate of the Bank of Scotland from the due date for payment to the date payment is made.
- All payments shall be made in £ sterling. You are responsible for paying any bank or transmission charge in addition to the Price.
- Intellectual Property Rights
You will not do, or permit to be done, anything that may detrimentally affect our copyright, trade marks or any other intellectual property rights in the Goods.
- Cancellation of Order
- Where you are a consumer, you may cancel your order without giving any reason by notifying us in writing or email us within 30 working days from the date of receipt of the goods.
- In the event that you are a consumer and you choose to cancel your order and return the goods to us in accordance with this clause, we will refund the price, including the delivery fee, to you. You will be responsible for the cost of returning the goods to us.
- Waiver & Severability
- Our failure to exercise or delay in exercising any of Our rights or remedies under these Terms and Conditions does not constitute a waiver of such rights or remedies.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found by a court or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, it shall not affect the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions which shall remain in full force and effect.
- Apart from Orders placed pursuant to clause 1 above, any notices, request or other communication required under these Terms and Conditions shall be in writing, and may be delivered by post, e-mail or facsimile.
- Notices will be deemed to be delivered within 48 hours of posting where they are delivered by ordinary first class mail to an address within the UK and within five working days of posting where are delivered by air mail to an address outside of the UK or, where they are sent by fax or e-mail on receipt of a successful transmission report.
- Notices shall be delivered to Us at the address set out in these Terms and Conditions and to You at the address to which the invoice is sent or such other address as either party notifies from time to time.
These Terms and Conditions are the only terms which apply to this Contract. Any variation to these Terms and Conditions is valid only if it is agreed in writing by Our Head of Sales or Our Credit Controller.
The headings used in these Terms and Conditions are for guidance only and shall not affect the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions.
- Governing Law and Language
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English Law and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- These Terms and Conditions are written in the English language and all notices and communications shall be in the English language. In the event that these Terms and Conditions are translated into another language, the English language text shall prevail.
In these and any other terms and conditions included in the Contract, the expressions listed below
shall have the following meanings:
“Contract” means the agreement between Us and You, which includes these Terms and Conditions, made by Our acceptance of your Order.
“Customer, (You, Your)” means whoever places the Order for the Goods with Us.
“Consumer” means any Customer who is a natural person acting for purposes which are outside his business.
“Force Majeure Event” means any circumstances beyond Our reasonable control, including (but not limited to) accidents, flood, fire, natural disasters, industrial disputes, as a result of which the Goods are unavailable.
“Goods” means any items offered for sale by Us and requested by You in the Order.
“Order” means Your request to purchase any Goods.
“Price” means that amount quoted in Our current price list from time to time plus delivery costs and any applicable Value Added Tax or other taxes or duties.
“Seller (We, Us, Our)” means Independent Life Solution Ltd. a company registered in England under number 01944317 and whose registered office is at: The Barn Brighton Road, Lower Beeding, Horsham, West Sussex, England, RH13 6PT and its authorised representatives and assignees. Our VAT registration number is 760183246 and our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
“Term” means the period of 12 calendar months commencing on the date of the first delivery of the whole or any part of the Goods or any subsequent anniversary thereof.